Monday, January 16, 2012

Chez Zee

Let me begin by saying Chez Zee is ALWAYS packed. But don't get me wrong...this is a good thing. My girlfriend suggested I call and make a reservation. Excellent idea! This would be our third visit for brunch. I am always impressed with the quality of their food and service.

5406 Balcones Dr, Austin, TX.
Photo: Chez Zee

We arrived and the spot was packed as usual. No problem....Ahem, out of my way folks, I have a reservation!  And just like that, we were seated. Our waitress quickly took our drink order and brought over some delicious croissants and fresh strawberry butter. After scanning the menu for a few minutes we were ready to order. I was in omelette mode and decided on the Smoked Chicken, which is served with a side of their delicious country potatoes. My girlfriend decided to go with the Belgian Waffle Platter, served with two eggs, country potatoes, and your choice of fruit, sausage, ham, or bacon. She chose bacon. Yum! While waiting for our order to arrive, we soaked in the environment. The restaurant looks like an old house and the decor and lighting is amazing. It gives the vibe a very romantic feel. I would definitely suggest this place for a first lunch or dinner date. Or maybe a coffee and dessert get-to-know-you type of deal. But hey, I'm only The Brunching Bloke, not a relationship expert...so I'll leave that for someone else and stick to writing about food.

Smoked Chicken Omelette


Belgian Waffle Platter

Our waitress was great and kept our drinks filled. And our food arrived in no time. My omelette looked great. Filled with flavorful smoked chicken, bell peppers, red onions and plenty of Monterey jack cheese. It was truly amazing, and with the side of country potatoes sprinkled with some tobasco sauce, I was eating like a champ. My girl's plate looked super excellent as well. I had a bite of her bacon and I was in hog heaven. Nice and crisp like it should be. After our meal, we both ate her waffle, and that was a perfect ending to a delicious brunch!

Overall, I have to say that Chez Zee offers an excellent brunch. The only advice I can give you is to make a reservation. Don't be left out in the cold like the folks I passed by on my way to my table. Keep on Brunching!




No comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

Hey guys, do you know of an awesome brunch spot I should check out in Austin? Let me know here or write on my Facebook wall. Thanks!

Search This Blog