Sunday, November 6, 2011

Manny's Uptown Kitchen

9503 Research Blvd., Suite 650, Austin
Photo: Eater Austin
Let me begin by saying Manny's Uptown Kitchen does not disappoint! I've eaten at this spot twice before, but never tried their breakfast. Man, am I glad I did.

After carefully browsing through the extensive menu, I opted for the Uptown Hash, which is "two fried eggs atop a hash of corned beef, pastrami, onions, bell peppers, and pimento cheese" (I couldn't find the words to describe, so I had to rip it straight off their menu), served with two of their infamous potato cakes and toast. The girlfriend went with The Breakfast Bundle, which is two eggs any way, your choice of bacon (Applewood or pastrami), two potato cakes AND a short stack of flapjacks! Both of our dishes were excellent! And having her as my brunch partner every Sunday is great, as I get to eat off and review two plates....win-win!

Uptown Hash

I asked that my eggs be cooked hard (I don't do runny) and they got it right! The hash and veggies were seasoned and cooked to perfection and my potato cakes were great - not too soft, not too crispy. My girlfriend's plate looked great as well, and her Applewood bacon was super tasty. And to end our meal we shared her flapjacks topped with whipped butter and warm maple syrup. No matter what breakfast dish you order, make sure you get the potato cakes.

The Breakfast Bundle

Overall my experience was excellent, my only complaint was our waiter was missing in action most of our visit. He did refill my drink once without me asking, but was nowhere to be found when my girlfriend needed hers topped off. To his credit, this same server had waited our table on a previous visit and was on top of his game then, so it may have just been an off day for him. I suggest giving Manny's Uptown Kitchen a try....you won't regret it!

The Brunching Bloke ready to grub!

No comments:

Post a Comment

RSS Feed

Hey guys, do you know of an awesome brunch spot I should check out in Austin? Let me know here or write on my Facebook wall. Thanks!

Search This Blog